Friday 31 July 2015

Crochet Demonstration

Popped in to Hobbycraft for more supplies last week and saw the sign for a crochet demonstration this week.  This basically just made for a good excuse to go back to Hobbycraft again on Saturday so I could see the demo, (and buy more supplies of course!)

I've often been told that crochet is easier than knitting, but to be honest I was never entirely convinced.  However, after a few minutes of watching the demo the lady handed me the crochet hook and wool and asked if I wanted to give it a try.  That was it, I was hooked.

Admittedly I need to work on keeping the tension right, I have the same problem with my knitting, however the actual stitches are actually quite easy and the best thing is, it's so simple to undo and correct if you make a mistake!

I can see now that this is the start of a new hobby... not sure how I'll find the time to fit it in between all my other craft projects but I'm certainly going to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment